Scrap metal includes ferrous metals such as steel and cast iron, and non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, stainless steel, lead, copper, brass and zinc.
Residents and businesses throughout the Western region of the province have access to safe and convenient scrap metal drop-off sites.
- Ferrous metals such as steel and cast iron
- Non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, stainless steel, lead, copper, brass and zinc
WRWM Waste Disposal Sites
- CFCs must be removed from refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and certified CFC-free by a refrigerant specialist. Note: K&J Metals in Stephenville and Rod’s Auto Salvage in Corner Brook accepts non-certified appliances free of charge.
- All metals must have tires, batteries, oils, gases and all other fluids removed before entering the landfill.
- Fuel tanks must be purged and vented.